Discipline is the pre-requisite for a healthy academic environment on the campus. The College lays great strees on discipline and the same must be scrupulously observed by all students. Failure to comply with any of the rules, regulations or requirements notified from time to time will lead to strict disciplinary action.
1. All students are responsible to the Principal, the Vice-Principals and members of the staff for their conduct in the Public.
2. Insubordination, abusive language or misbehaviour, misconduct can lead to the dismissal of a student.
3. Demonstration of any kind in the College is strictly prohibited.
4. In case of sickness, a leave application shall be submitted to the College office along with a medical certificate within two days of resuming the College. Fitness certificate at the time of resuming the College is essential.
5. Mobile phones/I-pods/Music System of similar gadgets : Students are warned not to use the above mentioned systems of gadgets in the College premises. Mobile phones when you are on the campus must be either switched off or in silent mode. Under no circumstances, students should use mobiles in the lecture hall, laboratory, classrooms, examination hall , reading room and library of College building and corridors. The College encourages students not to bring any of the above to the premises. The College authorities do not take responsibility of loss of any of the above gadgets brought by the student and no complaints in this regard would be entertained b the college staff. Student having mobiles on them during the examination will be considered to be having used unfair means, expelled from examination and their mobile phone will be confiscated & can not be returned to student. College insists that mobiles should not be brought by the student to the college during examination period.
6. Identity cards : Students are required to wear their Identity Cards issued to them by the College. They are required to display them prominently on their person especially at the gate when entering the College and throughout the time they are on the campus or else strict disciplinary action will be taken against them.
7. Dress Code : students are expected to wear clothes that contribute to the academic atmosphere necessary on an Indian college Campus. Accordingly, Sleeveless or short tops, as well as short dresses and shorts are considered inappropriate. Trousers are expected to be full-length up to the ankles.
8. Students are expected to read the notice-boards of their respective classes DAILY, so as to ascertain their performance.
9. Students must be on time for their lectures. Late comers will not be allowed to enter the class.
10. Students must take care of the College property. Any damage done to the property of the College, like disfiguring walls, windows and fitting or breaking furniture and such other things is a breach of discipline and will be punishable as such.
11. Smoking, tobacco chewing, drugs etc. are strictly prohibited in the College premises.
12. No association or organization shall be formed, no meetings be held, no person be invited to address the students in the College without the prior permission of the Principal.
13. All receipts on account of fines imposed on students, for any cause what so ever shall accrue to the Students’ Aid Fund of the College.
14. Students must take care of their property like books, purses umbrellas, bicycles etc. The College will not be held responsible for any loss.
Anti-national Activities : The students while studying in any College, if found indulging in anti-national activities contrary to the provision of Acts and Laws enforced by Government or in any activity contrary to rules of discipline, will be liable to be expelled from the College without any notice by the Principal of the College.
The college attaches great importance to discipline and the same must be scrupulously observed by the students. Failure to comply with any of the rules, regulations or requirements notified from time to time wil lead to strict disciplinary action including removing the name of the student from the College roll. Students must read “My Informate” supplied to them along with the Identity Card and carry it everyday to College.
“My Informate” contains information on all University ordinances and College discipline rules which have to be read and strictly followed by all bonafide students of the college. Please ensure that you abide by the undertaking signed by the student and Parent/Guardian in “My Informate”.
Action against Ragging : Maharashtra Prohibition of Ragging Act 1999 which is in effect from 15th May 1999 has the following provisions for Action against Ragging.
a) Ragging within or outside of any education institution is prohibited.
b) Whosoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in, abets or propagates ragging within or outside any educational institution shall, on conviction, be punished with imprisonment for a term up to 2 years and/or penalty which may extend to ten thousand rupees.
c) Any student convicted of an offence of ragging shall be dismissed form the educational institution and such students shall not be admitted in any other educational institution for a period of five years from the date of order of such dismissal.
d) Whenever any student or, as the case may be, the parent or guardian or a teacher of an educational institution complaints, in writing, of ragging to the Head of the Educational Institution, the head of the education institution shall, without prejudice to the foregoing provisions, within seven days of the receipt of the complaint enquire into the matter mentioned n the complaint and if, prima facie, it is found true, suspend the student who is accused of the offence, and shall immediately forward the complaint to the police station having jurisdiction over the area in which the educational institution is situated, for further action. Where, on enquiry by the head of the educational institution, it is found that there is no substance, prima facie, in the complaint received; he/she shall intimate the fact, in writing, to the complainant . The decision of the head of the educational institution shall be final.
e) If the head of the educational institution fails or neglects to act in the manner specified in section “d” above when a complaint of ragging is made, such person shall be deemed to have abetted to offence and shall, on conviction, be punished as provided for in section “b” above
If any of the statement made in application form or any information supplied by the candidate in connection with his or her admission is later on at any time, found to be false or incorrect his or her admission will be cancelled, fees forfeited and he or she may be expelled from the College by the Principal.